Children can start Playgroup as soon as they are ready, after their second birthday. To find out if your child is ready we suggest you bring them along to a trial session and have a chat with the Playleader. Please note that your little one does not need to be potty trained to start with us.
When a session has reached its capacity no more children will be admitted to that session until a place becomes available.
A waiting list will be operated when necessary. If places are limited then the following criteria will be considered, in no particular order of preference:
- children who live in Bredon and intend to go to Bredon Hancock’s school
- looked after children i.e. social services
- how long they have been on the waiting list
- the age of the child
- whether the child already has a sibling attending playgroup
- whether the child has any special need and would benefit from extra sessions
- for pre-school places- priority will be given to those already attending Bredon Playgroup
We charge a fee for each session, which will be billed to you, at the beginning of each term. There will be a nominal charge for materials, although where possible this is covered by fundraising.
Currently free early education places are available from the term following your child’s 3rd birthday. We also accept 2 year old funding if applicable. We will claim these for you from the LEA, if your child is eligible, provided we have received a completed declaration form (you will be given this where applicable). The vouchers are only available for a limited number of sessions in any one term, so during longer terms if your child attends more sessions you will be invoiced for the remainder.